Tuesday, September 29, 2009

REPEAT, REPEAT


In the last month, I have built the second ama, going through the same steps that I did for the first hull. Today, the deck was screwed and epoxied in place. In the coming days, I shall fill the screw holes, round the edges then apply epoxy and cloth over the deck and deck/hull chines.
I am recording my steps here in case some other builder is following and can learn from my mistakes.
Some days it feels like I am writing this for my own benefit only. Anyone else reading this blog?

2 comments:

  1. Yes I am Gerry - this is Malcolm here, in Comox, and I'm certainly following your progress. I'd bought the Easy Rider with outrigger and sail early in the season, after you'd sent me photos of your other tri, and did a number of trips to the Gulf Islands. Only done local sailing as its a hassle to rig but I'd made a motor-mount for my 2hp Honda and used that setup to motor between islands - even towing my wife in her kayak. Much quicker though I'll probably sell it next Spring. You seem to be making a thorough job so, who knows, you may even inspire me to tackle such a project someday. Keep 'em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gerry,

    I just got the building plans to build a Seaclipper 16. I'd like to correspond with you a bit about some of the building questions I know I'm going to have (ones the plans can't directly answer). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete